Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just To Get You Up To Speed

Since this is my first post, I want to take a minute to let you all know what's been going on so far in my nursing endeavor. I am currently in the midst of my second quarter of pre-requisites; I am taking Biology 101. I previously took an introductory Anatomy & Physiology course. I am completely loving all this science, which is a very novel thing for me! All through high school and college I thought I hated science, and that I was "not smart" at it, which made me hate it even more. However, I'm not stupid at science! I'm finding I can do very well at it & I actually like it. It's way more interesting than English or History (and I love history)...who knew!

As for my Bio 101, it's going extremely well. I just got back the results of my 3rd exam & I got a perfect score! I have done this on the previous two exams as well, but I was really worried about this one since I didn't put in my usual amount of studying. I was in Texas the week before the exam visiting my sisters, and studing just didn't seem like a very fun thing to do on my vacation. However, all is well that ends well and I am ready to step up my game for the final next week!

Next quarter I'm taking Math 97; yes, that is Elementary Algebra...UGG! I don't like math at all, and apparently I didn't retain any knowledge of any math I ever took because I did not do well on the math placement test the I recently took. On a side note, I totally aced the English one! It's a bit embarrasing that I have to start below college level math because I have a degree in economics...I'm wondering at this point how I ever managed that! Oh well, maybe I'll actually learn something this time around!

That's all for now...

9 comments:

Paula Gardner said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Don't feel bad about the math. I think I started even lower than Math 97 when I was going to school before Jennifer was born.

Paula Gardner said...

I see you added the picture to your profile, so Blogger cropped it and resized it. If you just add it as a picture in your sidebar and position it where you want it, you'll probably like it better.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on starting your blog! And for going back to school!

Elaine, blog-type friend of your mother's

Birgitte said...

Congratulations on your blog- but more importantly; on choosing to go back to school and become a nurse. Thank you for that. We need more of you! :-)

Becky Hartman said...

Thanks for the comments! I am very excited about school right now, so it's cool to have people actually read my blog!

Maryissewfast said...

Hi Becky,
I tracked over here from your Mom's blog and I just wanted to say congratulations on your chosen career path and wish you good luck. I have been an RN for 15 years and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. There are so many career opportunities for nurses...you just can't imagine. I currently work for Guide Dogs for the Blind, working with visually impaired students and it is a blast (most of the time) Nursing school can be tough, but hang in there, because it is so worth it when you finish. I look forward to your success stories. Mary

Meg said...

Becky I'm so excited that you have a blog! You should definitely post pictures too - even if it's just of your cats.
For Paula - I love your hair! The last time I saw you it was half way down your back - looks good :-)

Paula Gardner said...

Meghan, thanks! I tried to view your profile to leave you a message there, but I was denied access. Do you have a blog?

Becky Hartman said...

Thanks for checking out my blog Meghan! I promise I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how!